McPherson’s Safety Mural Dedication

California State Assemblyman Steven Choi and State Farm's Ron Esparza with McPherson Award winning students!

Daryl Vu

Daryl Vu

Jackson Bates and Daryl Vu

Last Wednesday, elementary students got to experience the new mural about pedestrian safety that was painted by some of the 4th-grade students, thanks to State Farm and Operation Clean Slate. PTSA also helped us with this endeavor by raising funds thanks to last year’s Step It Up program. The mural is outside the back gate of the school parking lot near daycare.

Operation Clean Slate is a solution to combat the multi-million dollar graffiti and vandalism issue. Run by Michael Howard, he believes that kids participate in these kinds of acts due to them wanting an outlet to spread their ideas and creativity. In response, Howard created Operation Clean Slate to give kids the opportunity to paint murals for their school campuses and communities. The painted murals present positive messages like drug prevention, and in McPherson’s case, pedestrian safety.

McPherson also has filled in the dirt in the kindergarten playground with some brand new AstroTurf and put up signs on the fences thanks to PTSA. To celebrate, we had very important guests that visited our school. California State Assemblyman Steven Choi and Ron Esparza from State Farm joined us to dedicate the mural and playground renovation. After we were introduced to all our sponsors and guests kids listened to the reason why they helped us create this mural. This mural is there to encourage us to be more aware when crossing the street to prevent accidents in the future. At the end of the dedication, McPherson students walked by the mural read the important message for them to remember: “McPHERSON METEORS STAY ALERT… SO YOU DON’T GET HURT!”.

• 3-5

Fifth Grade Field Trip To Reserve At Mission Viejo

• McPherson’s Safety Mural Dedication

3-5

Students Learn STEM with Mrs. Andrade

• McPherson’s Safety Mural Dedication

3-5

McPherson Laces up for a Skate Party!

• McPherson’s Safety Mural Dedication

3-5

Laptop Use At McPherson

• McPherson’s Safety Mural Dedication

Video

McPherson News Broadcast Friday, December 15, 2017

• McPherson’s Safety Mural Dedication

Activities

McPherson Students Participate in the Hour of Code

• McPherson’s Safety Mural Dedication

Activities

McPherson Drama Presents “Anxiety” and “Odd Ball”

• McPherson’s Safety Mural Dedication

Video

McPherson News Broadcast Friday, December 8, 2017

• McPherson’s Safety Mural Dedication

Video

McPherson News Broadcast Friday, December 1

• 3-5

McPherson’s Safety Mural Dedication