Promotion Party Rocks the Class of 2019

Brian Houl and Jaden Esparza

On Saturday, March 8, 2019, the eighth-grade had its annual Promotion Party. Students started arriving for pictures at 5:30 at the Elks Club Lodge in Old Towne Orange near the Orange Circle. Eighth Graders dressed up in nice clothes and celebrated until 9:30. The Elks Club Lodge had a dance floor and a game room while 8th-grade parents decorated tables, brought snacks, and drinks. There was also a screen that showed pictures of McPherson Magnet eighth grade students over their years at the school.

Promoting 8th-grade student Thomas Wilkinson said,  “My favorite part of the promotion dance was the excess amount of food that was supplied at the dance. They provided an array of foods, with varying flavors. They had a chocolate fountain, as well as a lot of candy that was free for the taking. Overall, the best feature of the dance was the food, with the other functions hailing in comparison to the food.” As the year comes to a close, Thomas was ambivalent but excited about leaving McPherson. “Most of my friends are going to different schools, which will make me miss them.”

Benjamin Nguyen agreed. “My favorite part of promotion dance was the dancing and epic games. I danced and played games.” Ben was looking forward to new opportunities but said he would miss McPherson. “I will miss McPherson because my Minecraft buddies are being separated and it will be hard to play Minecraft together.”

The promotion party was a magical night for the students who celebrated their years together at the school in one night and they had the time of their lives. 

McPherson’s class of 2019 promotes on Thursday, June 13.