Character Matters at McPherson

Back to Article
Back to Article

Character Matters at McPherson

February Character Matters Award Winners

Mr. Turner

Mr. Turner

Mr. Turner

Owen Smith and Jaden Esparza

McPherson had an all-school flag on Wednesday the 27th. Usually, we just do the normal routine but this flag salute, some students got awards. The students were rewarded with Character Counts awards. Character Counts awards are given to students that show only the best of character. They can get these awards for being organized, well behaved, and for being an all-around great student. There about 25 students throughout the school who won this award and we got the chance to meet up and talk to them.

We interviewed Anthony Perez and Angela Wang.  First, we interviewed Anthony Perez in the 7th grade to see what he had to say about it. “I got this award because I have been staying on top of all my work and keeping a very neat and organized binder throughout the trimester.”  After that, we asked him if he was proud of himself, he said, “I am very proud of myself for maintaining a good work ethic throughout the year and my parents are proud of me as well. I will win this award again and continue to be the outstanding student I am.”

After we interviewed Anthony Perez we moved on to interview Angela Wang.“I won this award because of how organized I am and my good hard work in school.”, she said. The students have been exceptional workers throughout the trimester and we look forward to seeing them again.

in.