Avid Goes to UCI

Back to Article
Back to Article

Avid Goes to UCI

Kevin Vu and Matthew Mendez

On November 27, 2018,  The AVID Students of McPherson went to the University of California, Irvine for a field trip.  Avid is a school program that will help prepare and help you earn a scholarship to college. Mrs. Neilson teaches the Avid class at McPherson Magnet.  Avery said, “I thought it was really fun because we saw our friends and got to do so many things. Also, we liked seeing the programs and the other Avid classes that were there too”.  They went with their tutor all over the campus. They went to a lot of places on the campus. One of the places they went to was the EA sports center where they went and played video games.  There was also a park there where they got to play and talk with their friends. According to Anthony Perez, “The most exciting thing was them getting to see things like the classrooms and the campus.”  They also got to meet some of the college students that go to UCI. Karla said “.  It will help us by giving us an option to what college we want to go to”.  Also, we could see what a campus looks like and it will prepare us and other people in the future”.

Kevin Vu, Staff Writer

Hi, my name is Kevin Vu and I am 12 years old. I love to play basketball and hockey in my backyard, so I don’t play in a league. I learned how to play...

Matthew Mendez, Staff Writer

Hi, my name is Matthew Mendez. I am 12 years old and I have a dog named Penelope. I play hockey on a Peewee AA team. Hockey is my favorite sport.  Some...

• Avid Goes to UCI

McPherson News

Operation Santa Claus Comes to McPherson

• McPherson News

McPherson Brings Awareness about Type 1 Diabetes by Wearing Blue

• Avid Goes to UCI

McPherson News

Educational Minecraft

• Avid Goes to UCI

McPherson News

Steam Night 2018

• Avid Goes to UCI

McPherson News

McPherson Gets an Upgrade

• Avid Goes to UCI

McPherson News

Star Mission Blasts Off

• McPherson News

Mcphersons 20th Anniversary

• 6-8

Phoenix House

• Avid Goes to UCI

6-8

McPherson Robotics Takes 1st Place in California

• Avid Goes to UCI

6-8

6th-Graders Roar and Snore at San Diego Zoo

Avid Goes to UCI