Operation Santa Claus Comes to McPherson

Andrew Lim and Brian Houl

On November 27, Operation Santa Claus started. In the office, there is a Christmas tree that is used to put gifts under. These gifts were kindly donated by students of all ages and grade levels at McPherson. The Christmas tree is decorated and has tags on the side that describe the age and who the child is. They are to be returned to the tree and the gifts are anonymous. This will be where the gifts will be kept, which is under the tree. By getting one of the tags, you’ll be able to get a gift that’s wrapped and attach the tag to it.  The types of gifts that are given are a wide variety of things such as books, toys, and even toiletries like toothbrushes and must be in good condition. The collection will last from November 27 to December 7.

Leadership student Sam Astor said, “Operation Santa Claus was created to give less fortunate children happiness. It’s also a great way to give to other people.” Any toy can help children or families in need, no matter what they are, either toiletries or toys. Each gift can make an unfortunate child happy and to have a happy holiday season. Leadership asks that for people to try to make as many donations as possible to help these children in need.

Operation Santa Claus is hosted by Orange County and the gifts are collected and delivered by the U.S Postal Service. The U.S Postal Service states that “Each year, hundreds of thousands of letters addressed to Santa arrive from children and families.” The U.S Postal Service started Operation Santa Claus over 100 years prior by starting to respond to kids who sent letters to “Santa” or the “North Pole”. Soon after just replying to the letters only, they started responding with gifts attached to their letters. Soon individual cities and charities across the nation followed the footsteps of the U.S Postal Service. Leadership will be responsible for collecting these gifts and sending them to charities. So make sure to donate to Operation Santa Claus by putting a gift under the Christmas tree under the office.

Andrew Lim, Staff Writer

My name is Andrew Lim and I’m an 8th grader at McPherson. This year is my last year and I hope to make it the best in Journalism. I enjoy sitting around...

Brian Houl, Staff Writer

Hi, I'm Brian Houl. I'm 14 and I live with my family of four. I'm in the eighth grade at McPherson Magnet School. I like to play video games and hang out...

• Operation Santa Claus Comes to McPherson

McPherson News

Avid Goes to UCI

• McPherson News

McPherson Brings Awareness about Type 1 Diabetes by Wearing Blue

McPherson News

Educational Minecraft

McPherson News

Steam Night 2018

McPherson News

McPherson Gets an Upgrade

McPherson News

Star Mission Blasts Off

• McPherson News

Mcphersons 20th Anniversary

• 6-8

Phoenix House

6-8

McPherson Robotics Takes 1st Place in California

6-8

6th-Graders Roar and Snore at San Diego Zoo