6th Graders Explore Egypt

Back to Article
Back to Article

6th Graders Explore Egypt

Owen Smith and Drew Nagler

The 6th graders recently had a project on ancient Egypt. To present their work, they had a museum to show their stuff off. In their museum, they had masks, pyramids, and some people even built sphinx. They all also wrote an essay to go along with their project. The essay was a few paragraphs long and was about how it was made, when, and what it represented.

We interviewed a couple of students and here is what they all had to say. Tyler Huang built a pyramid. He said that the favorite part of his project was building it with his parents. He said that he also enjoyed adding sand to the project. The next person that we got to interview was Andre Guerrero. He made a sphinx. He said he could have improved his project by painting the sphinx better an improving the detail on it. The last student that we got to interview was Bernel. She also made a pyramid but she actually made it out of clay and cardboard. Bernel was very proud of her project although, she said she thought that she could’ve cut it out a bit better. Bernel’s favorite part of the whole project was being able to stay up late to work on it.

All of these sixth graders really enjoyed this project. They were all very excited to also see their classmates projects and essays. We got the opportunity to ask the 6th graders if they had any future advice for the 5th graders on this project. A majority of them all said, JUST GET IT DONE EARLY!

Owen Smith, Staff Writer

Hello fellow children. I am an 8th grader that goes to McPherson. I have three siblings and I am one of the middle children. I also have two dogs. I play...

Drew Nagler, Staff Writer

Hello, my name is Drew Nagler and I am 14 years old. I am part of the Journalism class at Mcpherson Magnet School. Outside of school, I love playing sports...

• 6th Graders Explore Egypt

6-8

Chess Tournament Crowns King

• 6th Graders Explore Egypt

6-8

McPherson 8th Grade Flag Football Wins Opener

• 6th Graders Explore Egypt

6-8

Eighth Grade Visits Catalina

• 6th Graders Explore Egypt

6-8

Eighth Grade and First Grade Buddy Up

• 6th Graders Explore Egypt

3-5

Marathon Club Goes the Distance

• 6-8

Phoenix House

• 6th Graders Explore Egypt

6-8

McPherson Robotics Takes 1st Place in California

• 6th Graders Explore Egypt

6-8

6th-Graders Roar and Snore at San Diego Zoo

• 6th Graders Explore Egypt

6-8

Girls Lose Season Finale

• 6th Graders Explore Egypt

6-8

Civil War Cannon Fires Up Meteor History

6th Graders Explore Egypt