McPherson Shining Stars

May the 4th Be With You Skate Party

Back to Article
Back to Article

May the 4th Be With You Skate Party

Riley Norris and Jason Trumbo

McPherson celebrated May the 4th at school as a Star Wars spirit day, followed by a skate party. May the 4th is a very well known event that was made by the fans as a joke. The date is a play on words of, “May the force be with you” said by the Jedi Knights of the films. At school, the children dressed up in Star Wars attire to promote school spirit. To continue the fun, we teamed up with Holiday Skate Center to have an entertaining roller skating party. At this party, McPherson students wore Star Wars attire, laced up their skates, and went into the rink. During the skate party, they played different types of music including the Star Wars theme. A few students decided to pretend they were in land-speeders and race around the rink. Other students did fun tricks and jump in the center of the skating rink.

Skating wasn’t the only thing to do at the party. The Holiday staff put on a few games for the kids. One game was a game similar to four-corners where there are numbers on the ceiling that are labeled 1-6. When the music stops, all of the skaters go underneath one of the numbers. There are a few people in the middle that roll a large dice, and the numbers rolled are either lucky or unlucky. The last few people in the game win a free soda card that they can use that day. At the skating rink, they also play a game called, “Red-light, Green-light.” In this game, when green light is said, the skaters have to race to the other side of the rink as fast as they can. When red light is said, after three seconds, all of the skaters have to be stopped. If someone is moving after those three seconds, then they have to back to the start. Whoever gets to the finish line first, wins the game.

The Star Wars themed event is only held once a year but the skating rink that holds many other events. These events typically are for holidays, and most of the time they hold the event on the select holiday. This was one of the last skate parties, so if you didn’t go, you missed out on some school spirited fun.

About the Writers
Riley Norris, Staff Writer

My name is Riley Norris. I am 13 years old and have been going to school at McPherson Magnet since second grade. I have a twin sister and one older sister...

Jason Trumbo, Staff Writer

My name is Jason Trumbo I am a staff for the McPherson news website. I am a very interesting person and play too many video games.

• May the 4th Be With You Skate Party

3-5

Fourth Grade Rushes for Gold

• May the 4th Be With You Skate Party

6-8

8th Grade Visits El Modena High

• May the 4th Be With You Skate Party

3-5

3rd Grade Visits the Environmental Nature Center

• May the 4th Be With You Skate Party

3-5

3rd Grade Journeys into the Past

• May the 4th Be With You Skate Party

Activities

Cozy comfort day

• May the 4th Be With You Skate Party

Activities

McPherson 6th & 7th Grade Flag Football Loses Opener

• Activities

Middle School’s After School Music Program Fires Up

• Activities

Second Harvest Food Drive

• May the 4th Be With You Skate Party

6-8

Eighth Grade Visits Catalina

• May the 4th Be With You Skate Party

Activities

McPherson Students Mismatch on Clash Day