7th Grade History Visits Medieval Times!

Back to Article
Back to Article

7th Graders Kylie Huang, Alison Lobato, Natalee Martinez, and Jessy Gallegos meet the Red and Yellow Knight!

Jay Turner

Jay Turner

Jay Turner

Brian Houl and Efrain Chopin

On March 1, 2018, the seventh-grade students at McPherson Magnet School took a trip to Buena Park where they went to Medieval Times. They got to take a tour of a medieval dungeon and got to see the tools they used to torture people. Then they entered a large arena where the knights and other actors put on an amazing show and talked about cyberbullying. After that, the Knights did some jousting against each other and other activities on the back of a horse. They also fought each other with Medieval Europe weapons and shields. While in the arena, the students were provided with lunch that includes chicken, potato, corn, water, garlic bread, or a fruit cup. They were also given paper crowns and flags to wave around while the knights were fighting. The seventh-grade students get to attend an exciting field trip that they learn from and also have a good time learning too.

“I thought the Medieval Times field trip was pretty fun and cool,” Thomas Wilkinson said. “The food was pretty good and it was pretty entertaining and I also like the fact that I became a prince, it was fun.”

Benjamin Nguyen said, “I liked the Medieval Times field trip because I got to learn about what tools the used in the dungeons and I got to see a reenactment of what the games were, so I got to see jousting and them fight to the death. I liked how their stuff was overpriced, but it was still pretty good.”

“My favorite part was going to go see the torture devices that people used to do to other people,” Brittney Diaz said.

Jessalyn Gallegos said “There was this chair that had a bunch of spikes on it which was really cool. We got flags and crowns and the food was good. I’m gonna try to go their again because that was really fun.” 

All in all, this was a great field trip from the delicious garlic bread to the jousting in the arena. Although the torture devices were brutal it is good to know what not to do in the future. The seventh-grade students had a lot of fun on the field trip and they also learned a lot from it. We thank Mr.Turner for taking us on this field trip and enjoying ourselves on this trip. Thanks to Medieval Times.