Kindergarten Mails Home

Mrs. Lundby's kindergarten class visits the Post Office!

Jackie Barragan

Jackie Barragan

Jackie Barragan
Kindergartner Lessandra mails a letter.

On February 9, the kindergartners at McPherson Magnet School along with their teachers and some parents went to the U.S. Post Office for a field trip. The kindergartners mailed letters to their houses so they could see how the U.S. Post Office works. 

We interviewed kindergartners about what they thought about going to the US Post Office. Grayson said, “I thought the post office was great! It was fun because we got to mail our envelopes to our parents and it was very fun.”

Hunter had this to say about the US Post Office, “We mailed our envelopes to our parents and we loved the mail boxes, I liked the mailboxes.” Another kindergarten student said “I thought the post office was okay and my Valentine got straight where it needed to go to my house.”

Ally said, “I thought the post office was awesome and we had fun at the post office.”

We asked Mrs. Wagner, one of the kindergarten teachers, if she thought the students learned a lot from going to the post office.“Yes I do, we wrote letter for our parents and we walked over there and they had a chance to deliver the letters and then they [the letters] went to their houses. Our students had the opportunity to see the entire post office and we did a post office in our classroom as well. We had a really good time. We walked over there and it was a beautiful day and it gave them an opportunity to meet the the workers at the post office and how the post office works.”

One of the best way to learn about a subject is to experience what ever you are learning about outside of the classroom. The kindergartens learned a lot about the U.S. Post Office and they got to experience it in the classroom and visit an actual post office.

Brian Houl, Staff Writer

Hi, I'm Brian Houl. I'm 14 and I live with my family of four. I'm in the eighth grade at McPherson Magnet School. I like to play video games and hang out...

Fernando Morales, Staff Writer

I am a big fan of FC Barcelona. This is my first year doing the news.  One of my most favorite place to go is to Knott's Berry Farm. My favorite restaurant...

Andrew Lim, Staff Writer

My name is Andrew Lim and I’m an 8th grader at McPherson. This year is my last year and I hope to make it the best in Journalism. I enjoy sitting around...

• Kindergarten Mails Home

6-8

Eighth Grade and First Grade Buddy Up

• Kindergarten Mails Home

3-5

Marathon Club Goes the Distance

• Kindergarten Mails Home

K-2

The 1st Grade Field Trip to Click-Clack-Moo

• Kindergarten Mails Home

K-2

Kindergarten Visits the Farm!

• Kindergarten Mails Home

3-5

Elementary Students Compete in the Science Fair

• Kindergarten Mails Home

3-5

Spring Book Fair

• Kindergarten Mails Home

3-5

McPherson Practices for Foundation Games

• Kindergarten Mails Home

3-5

McPherson Leadership Spearheads Pennies for Patients

• Kindergarten Mails Home

3-5

Valentine Grams Brighten Valentine’s Day!

• Kindergarten Mails Home

3-5

McPherson Students Learn Chess

Kindergarten Mails Home