3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

Miss Jacque and the featured dancers
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Lpn5b3P0U2c1EaBGNYkvJZi4fFE2Qe9/view?usp=sharing

Daryl Vu and Jason Trumbo

On Thursday January 11, Miss Jacque Nunez helped teach 3rd and 4th grade students the joy of learning about Native American culture and tradition. Miss Jacque has been teaching kids with her wonderful stories through her program Journeys to the Past.

When we entered into the assembly the atmosphere was very excited. Kids eagerly sat in rows as they waited for the presentation to start. Then Miss Jacque came out in a flourish and greeted the kids. She talked about many things about Native American culture. One thing she talked about is what roles males and females had in a tribe.

The presentation went as follows, the first thing that happened, she introduced herself and the kids to her culture and taught them to find things more interesting. She then showed them some baskets and musical instruments that her tribe used to make music and celebrate. Then she went to talk about bullying and about its effects on kids. It touched our hearts that she was teaching the kids what bullying can do to someone emotionally. Then she brought out her son and his girlfriend which so happened to be pro Native American dancers, and they both have won many competitions and awards. After that she made the kids sing and participate in an old native American song, and after that the kids were dismissed. While the students were away, the parents remained and had a quick briefing with Miss Jacque on how traditional Native American baskets were woven. After a short 20 minute break the kids came back into the cafeteria in groups to start the basket weaving.

It was very busy during the basket weaving and the air was full of determination as numerous kids tried to create the perfect reed basket. While the kids were weaving, Miss Jacque, her daughter, and the dance performers went around and made sure everyone was making the baskets okay. Then the assembly was finally finished and all the kids went home with finished baskets.

• 3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

3-5

McPherson Students Learn Chess

• 3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

3-5

McPherson Earth Lab Teaches More than Science

• 3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

3-5

McPherson Students Compete in the Science Fair

• 3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

3-5

Mrs. Andrade Voted McPherson Teacher of the Year

• 3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

3-5

Google Augmented Reality come to McPherson

• 3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

3-5

5th Grade Explores Griffith Observatory

• 3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

3-5

Mrs. Denenny’s Students Head to Griffith Park

• 3-5

Fifth Grade Field Trip To Reserve At Mission Viejo

• 3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

3-5

Students Learn STEM with Mrs. Andrade

• 3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

3-5

McPherson Laces up for a Skate Party!

3rd and 4th Grade Assembly