3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

Miss Jacque and the featured dancers
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10Lpn5b3P0U2c1EaBGNYkvJZi4fFE2Qe9/view?usp=sharing

Daryl Vu and Jason Trumbo

On Thursday January 11, Miss Jacque Nunez helped teach 3rd and 4th grade students the joy of learning about Native American culture and tradition. Miss Jacque has been teaching kids with her wonderful stories through her program Journeys to the Past.

When we entered into the assembly the atmosphere was very excited. Kids eagerly sat in rows as they waited for the presentation to start. Then Miss Jacque came out in a flourish and greeted the kids. She talked about many things about Native American culture. One thing she talked about is what roles males and females had in a tribe.

The presentation went as follows, the first thing that happened, she introduced herself and the kids to her culture and taught them to find things more interesting. She then showed them some baskets and musical instruments that her tribe used to make music and celebrate. Then she went to talk about bullying and about its effects on kids. It touched our hearts that she was teaching the kids what bullying can do to someone emotionally. Then she brought out her son and his girlfriend which so happened to be pro Native American dancers, and they both have won many competitions and awards. After that she made the kids sing and participate in an old native American song, and after that the kids were dismissed. While the students were away, the parents remained and had a quick briefing with Miss Jacque on how traditional Native American baskets were woven. After a short 20 minute break the kids came back into the cafeteria in groups to start the basket weaving.

It was very busy during the basket weaving and the air was full of determination as numerous kids tried to create the perfect reed basket. While the kids were weaving, Miss Jacque, her daughter, and the dance performers went around and made sure everyone was making the baskets okay. Then the assembly was finally finished and all the kids went home with finished baskets.

• 3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

3-5

Marathon Club Goes the Distance

• 3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

3-5

Robotics Club

• 3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

3-5

4th Grade Field Trip To Irvine Park

• 3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

3-5

A Chuck Wagon Comes to Fourth Grade

• 3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

3-5

Elementary Students Compete in the Science Fair

• 3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

3-5

Spring Book Fair

• 3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

3-5

McPherson Practices for Foundation Games

• 3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

3-5

McPherson Leadership Spearheads Pennies for Patients

• 3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

3-5

Valentine Grams Brighten Valentine’s Day!

• 3rd and 4th Grade Assembly

3-5

McPherson Students Learn Chess

3rd and 4th Grade Assembly