McPherson Drama Presents “Anxiety” and “Odd Ball”

Riley Norris and Eddie Irwin

The winter drama show “Anxiety” and “Odd Ball” school-wide assembly was performed on Wednesday, December 6, with night performances on Thursday, December 7 and Friday, December  8. It was great and had a lot of good dances and stories. It was a two part story that was full of color and life. It started with Anxiety, and then went to Odd Ball and they were both very fun to watch.

“Anxiety” was basically a play that was all based off of the color that you wear. Certain colors represented different emotions and everyone judged each other because of it. Lighter colors like pink would show happiness and excitement, when dark colors like black would show sadness and depression. This was not the case with most of the characters because the color that they wore did not match their personality so people would judge them wrong. This was a very cool and interesting part of the drama performance.

“Odd Ball” was a very goofy and funny part of the play. The characters in it wore all types of different and funky colors together and it looked very festive and exciting.  Some of the characters had strange personalities as well and perceived things differently. One scene included a boy with a “ball”, as he called it. It was actually a box that had black and white checkers on it, but he called it a ball even though it did not bounce and it wasn’t rubber. This part of the show was very different from other plays and had very interesting perspectives.

As you can see, this drama performance included people with a lot of character. It shows that you can be different or think weirdly and it is still ok. It is good to be different because that means no one else is exactly like you. Shows like this should be seen more often for they can be inspiring and teach useful life lessons. The play was directed by drama teacher Ms. Neilsen and the dances were choreographed by Mr. Zach.

7th grader Sabrina McWhirter said, “We put a lot of time into it,” and it showed. The play was well performed and the audiences really enjoyed it. The show features students from third through eighth grade.

To see some snippets from the show and hear interviews from the cast, check out the McPherson News Broadcast. Students will need to be logged into the single sign in to watch.

Riley Norris, Staff Writer

My name is Riley Norris. I am 13 years old and have been going to school at McPherson Magnet since second grade. I have a twin sister and one older sister...

Eddie Irwin, Staff Writer

I love my family and everyone in it, love to ride & race dirt bikes.  Glamis Dunes for life, Chad Reed's number 1 fan, supercross dreamer,  and die...

• McPherson Drama Presents “Anxiety” and “Odd Ball”

6-8

Eighth Grade Visits Catalina

Activities

McPherson Students Mismatch on Clash Day

Activities

Leadership at the Street Fair

3-5

Marathon Club Goes the Distance

3-5

Robotics Club

Activities

May the 4th Be With You Skate Party

Activities

19th Annual Father’s Club Camp Out

3-5

4th Grade Field Trip To Irvine Park

6-8

7th Grade Visits Astro Camp

3-5

Spring Book Fair