Students Learn STEM with Mrs. Andrade

Fernando Morales, Staff Writer

This is the second year the Stem Lab has been here at McPherson Magnet School. The teacher that is in charge of the Stem Lab is Mrs. Andrade. STEM means science, technology, engineering, and math. More people each are starting to want a job that is STEM related.

Mrs Andrade likes teaching the STEM Lab. ” I am very excited everyday to teach my students here at McPherson,” she said.  “My classroom is unique. We learn everyday about STEM. I teach kids from kindergarten all the way to sixth grade and it is just wonderful. We have fun time every single day. I give the students problems so they can use their brains. They have to learn how to get along and to collaborate. When a new lesson starts, they learn new skills and new knowledge, and that when the unit is over, they can solve problems. The STEM Lab helps all the kids. When my students go, they realize they have to work as a team. It is sometimes easy to work as a team, and sometimes it is not. They can learn how to build stuff and work as a team. They have to learn how to be kind.”

Some students also had an opinion on the STEM Lab. Kevin Vu said, ”STEM Lab is cool because you learn how animation is made, how to build robots, and make measurements. It could also help us in real life. If we ever want a job with technology, this could help you.”

Sofie Hernández said, ” I like the STEM Lab because Mrs. Andrade is there. The second reason I like it is because you can work with whoever you want and you can talk to your friends. The videos Mrs. Andrade shows are really funny. She also lets us play games which are really fun. STEM Lab helps me because Mrs. Andrade helps us and she shows us how to be a better person.”

Shawn Dang said, ”I like STEM Lab a lot.  I like it because it teaches you a lot of new things. I think STEM Lab is helpful in life because it teaches you about science. STEM Lab also teaches you new things that you never knew about before.”

Maya Pedroza said, ” STEM Lab is really fun. The projects Mrs. Andrade assign to us are really fun. You can get creative with the project. It can help you in live if you want to have a job like architecture. It can also help you with anything creative.”

• Students Learn STEM with Mrs. Andrade

3-5

4th Grade Field Trip To Irvine Park

• Students Learn STEM with Mrs. Andrade

3-5

A Chuck Wagon Comes to Fourth Grade

• Students Learn STEM with Mrs. Andrade

3-5

Elementary Students Compete in the Science Fair

• Students Learn STEM with Mrs. Andrade

3-5

Spring Book Fair

• Students Learn STEM with Mrs. Andrade

3-5

McPherson Practices for Foundation Games

• Students Learn STEM with Mrs. Andrade

3-5

McPherson Leadership Spearheads Pennies for Patients

• Students Learn STEM with Mrs. Andrade

3-5

Valentine Grams Brighten Valentine’s Day!

• Students Learn STEM with Mrs. Andrade

3-5

McPherson Students Learn Chess

• Students Learn STEM with Mrs. Andrade

3-5

McPherson Earth Lab Teaches More than Science

• Students Learn STEM with Mrs. Andrade

3-5

McPherson Students Compete in the Science Fair

Students Learn STEM with Mrs. Andrade