First Graders Meet Their Big Buddies!

Brian Houl and Andrew Lim

The eighth-first grade little buddy program started on September 20. Each Eighth was paired with a first grade partner and helped them with their school work. The buddies introduced themselves to one another by telling each other their names and then they got to work using the 1st grade iPads.  When the first graders had to go to recess the eighth graders had to leave but they learned a lot about each other. The first graders learned valuable skills and the eighth graders learned how to help other people.

Eighth graders were as interested in the program as much as the first graders. Students stated that they enjoyed working with the first graders because they can engage in more social activities and help them interact with their iPads. The first graders worked on the iPad on the Jiji math program and other learning activities. All first grade classes participate in the program.

Eighth grade student, Acts Avenido said he, “enjoys the interaction with them and getting to work with them for the year and help them progress in the school year. Eighth graders have to set a good example for the first graders like teaching them to throw away trash when it needed and to recycle.” Another eighth grader named Easton Clark said, “It’s amazing because you get to be engaged with them and teach them the ways of life.”  Mackenzie Kim said, “The first graders were adorable.”

The little buddies program is a very important and they students have a fun time. They help each other and learn many thing from each other. They meet every three weeks.

Brian Houl, Staff Writer

Hi, I'm Brian Houl. I'm 14 and I live with my family of four. I'm in the eighth grade at McPherson Magnet School. I like to play video games and hang out...

Andrew Lim, Staff Writer

My name is Andrew Lim and I’m an 8th grader at McPherson. This year is my last year and I hope to make it the best in Journalism. I enjoy sitting around...

• First Graders Meet Their Big Buddies!

6-8

Chess Tournament Crowns King

• First Graders Meet Their Big Buddies!

6-8

6th Graders Explore Egypt

• First Graders Meet Their Big Buddies!

6-8

McPherson 8th Grade Flag Football Wins Opener

• First Graders Meet Their Big Buddies!

6-8

Eighth Grade Visits Catalina

• First Graders Meet Their Big Buddies!

6-8

Eighth Grade and First Grade Buddy Up

• First Graders Meet Their Big Buddies!

3-5

Marathon Club Goes the Distance

• 6-8

Phoenix House

• First Graders Meet Their Big Buddies!

6-8

McPherson Robotics Takes 1st Place in California

• First Graders Meet Their Big Buddies!

6-8

6th-Graders Roar and Snore at San Diego Zoo

• First Graders Meet Their Big Buddies!

6-8

Girls Lose Season Finale

First Graders Meet Their Big Buddies!