McPherson Has Super Spirit Day

Friday, September 22 was the first spirit day of the school year. The theme was superheroes and students came dressed up as their favorite one. McPherson Magnet School’s ASB sponsors a  few days throughout the year where the students can dress up according to a certain theme. The days are very important for our school because they create school spirit, allow kids to dress up how they want, and get a chance to show their personalities through what they are wearing.

We interviewed some kids and staff around the school about what they think Spirit Day is all about.

Sophie in Ms. Jennings’ fourth grade class said, “What I like about Spirit Days is that it’s fun for all the different themes that they make up. We get to wear it, and you can also mix up clothes that you have at your house and sometimes you could just go to the store and buy something. I love Spirit Days because it’s fun. I like to see everyone’s different clothes and what they like to wear at home”.

Mr. Mitchell, the middle school P.E. teacher said, “Spirit Day is about building our school community and giving the students an opportunity to have free dress days and just showing that we are all one, and we are all here together and that we enjoy being part of McPherson”.

MacKenzie Kim, our new school ASB President,“I think Spirit Days are all about showing your inner spirit, and since we have uniforms at this school it gives people a chance to express [themselves] using certain guidelines in a way that we don’t all judge each other. Everyone is included and it’s easier to dress and it’s way more fun”

Mrs. Palucki, an 8th grade English teacher and the Leadership teacher said, “Everyone at McPherson loves spirit days. They enjoy dressing up and showing school pride. Our spirit days are very colorful and enthusiastic everyone enjoys school spirit days.”

• McPherson Has Super Spirit Day

Activities

McPherson Students Participate in the Hour of Code

• McPherson Has Super Spirit Day

Activities

McPherson Drama Presents “Anxiety” and “Odd Ball”

• 6-8

7th and 8th Grade Explores the California Science Center

• McPherson Has Super Spirit Day

Activities

Boo Grams Make Students Feel Spooktacular!

• McPherson Has Super Spirit Day

6-8

Middle School Dance is a Hit

• McPherson Has Super Spirit Day

6-8

8th Grade Explores Catalina Island

• McPherson Has Super Spirit Day

3-5

McPherson Laces up for a Skate Party!

• McPherson Has Super Spirit Day

6-8

McPherson Elects ASB Officers

• McPherson Has Super Spirit Day

6-8

Orange Street Fair Brings Labor Day Weekend Fun

• McPherson Has Super Spirit Day

Video

McPherson News Broadcast Friday, December 15, 2017

McPherson Has Super Spirit Day